To advance the education of children below compulsory school age
a) providing safe and satisfying group play, in which parents have the right to take part; and
b) encouraging other charitable activities through which parents may help the children.
Our objectives are:
- To ensure the happiness of each child entrusted to our care.
- To provide a playgroup that is safe, positive and happy, where children can thrive.
- To provide opportunities to develop social skills, encouraging interaction between children and adults, developing confidence and independence.
- To recognise children’s individual needs – social, emotional, physical and intellectual – allowing children to learn in different ways and in their own time.
- To offer a broad range of stimulating experiences that support development in personal, social, spiritual and cultural understanding.
- To provide opportunities for children to talk and to be listened to.
- To encourage respect and equal regard for themselves and others.
- To promote an understanding of the principles of equality of opportunity.
- To provide examples of positive, successful and constructive adult relationships.
- To encourage learning through curiosity, questions, exploration and play.
- To maintain, enhance and stimulate a child’s curiosity.
- To ensure there is every opportunity for parents to have a good understanding of and a close involvement in all aspects of their child’s development and education.
- To offer a broad and balanced early years curriculum for all children, which will be delivered through careful planning and continual assessment. (see Child learning and development).
- To create an environment where each child can feel they are valued and their abilities and potential treasured.